Technical Assistant / Technical Officer / Senior Technical Officer Pool
Level 1-5 | Pool Ref AV9146
- Do you enjoy working outdoors?
- This exciting opportunity will see you contribute to WA’s grains industry through research on soil and nutrient management.
- Join a department that has flexible working hours and values employee work-life balance
What will your typical day look like?
We are seeking a Pool of enthusiastic Technical Officers ranging from Level 1-5. This pool is for positions based at Northam, and possibly other regional locations. These positions require a can-do attitude, providing technical support for field trials, glasshouse and laboratory work for research projects in the Grains directorate. Your role will be to undertake day-to-day planning and implementation of technical work for research projects. We are looking for candidates with a range of skills including hands-on work in the field, processing and analysing soil and plant samples in the laboratory, data management and drone operation.
We have 1 permanent position for immediate filling in Northam in the iconic Avon Valley.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We are seeking passionate individuals with great interpersonal skills, knowledge and experience in agricultural practices techniques and methods.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and expertise in the implementation of field, glasshouse or laboratory experiments.
- An understanding of the practices used in grain production in Western Australia
- Proven ability to work independently, and collaboratively within a team
- The capacity to problem solve issues as they arise for research projects on the research facility and within the local region.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to resolve identified issues and contribute to the development of research plans and methods.
- Expertise in field-based research on soil or nutrient management.
- The ability to support the collection and compilation of soil and crop related data as needed.
Need further information?
We’d love to hear from you!
To have a confidential discussion, please contact Craig Scanlan, Senior Research Scientist, on (08) 9690 2174.
Get ready to apply. It’s simple.
Click on the link button if this is something that excites you!
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29 July, 2022 at 4:00 PM WST
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Min Qualification Level High School Year 10
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.