ABOUT THE LIEBE GROUP
The Liebe Group is a dynamic, grower-driven, not for profit organisation that operates within the Dalwallinu, Coorow, Perenjori and Wongan-Ballidu Shires in the West Australian Wheatbelt. The group has built a solid reputation over the last 24 years as being on the forefront of locally relevant research, development and extension as well as having a high status of reliability and professionalism. The group conducts valuable dryland farming R,D&E through trials, demonstrations and workshops, and provides information to local farming businesses in the region. More information can be found on the Liebe Group website.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hard working individual to coordinate on-ground research and development in the Liebe Group area. This position is suitable for recent graduates as a great kick start for a career in the broadacre agricultural industry!
Reporting to the Executive Officer, assisted by the wider team and guided by active grower members, you will be involved in diverse range of activities including:
- Coordinate and execute the Liebe Group’s annual R&D Trials and Demonstration Program including the Main Trial Site, project sites and grower demonstrations.
- Conduct on-farm monitoring activities of trial and demonstration sites such as plant and weed counts, disease identification, crop health monitoring and nutrient/soil analysis.
- Evaluate data and results from projects to identify trends, key messages and research outcomes.
- Assist in the development and management of research projects including application writing and reporting.
- Understand and prioritise local grower agronomic, environmental and business management issues. by maintaining strong relationships with growers and industry stakeholders.
- Work alongside the team to deliver the research, development and extension program which addresses local on-farm issues including the coordination of annual events (field days, workshops).
- Assist in the production of the annual Liebe Group Local R&D Book including writing scientific trial reports.
- Degree in Agronomy, Plant/Soil Science or related fields or experience equivalent.
- Current C Class Driver’s license.
- The ability to live and work in Australia.
- The ability to relocate to the region.
- General knowledge of Australian broadacre farming systems, products and technologies.
- Knowledge of or experience in scientific methods and analytical procedures appropriate to agricultural research.
- Knowledge and experience in research trial management including trial monitoring and writing scientific reports.
- Developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, be self- motivated, show initiative and work productively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with industry stakeholders, grower members and researchers.
THIS ROLE WILL PROVIDE THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WITH
- Offered as a full time, permanent position.
- The opportunity to build an extensive network within the agricultural industry.
- A variety of independent work with an enthusiastic group of innovative farmers
- The opportunity to work in a well-equipped research facility.
- Mentoring and professional development opportunities.
- A vehicle, tablet and mobile phone for work purposes will be provided.
SALARY: Salary package to be negotiated.
LOCATION: The Liebe Group Office is located in Dalwallinu, 260km north of Perth. There will be a requirement to be based within this area. Dalwallinu is a progressive community in the Northern Wheatbelt that offers a welcoming atmosphere with the best of rural living and amenities. More information can be found on the Dalwallinu Shire website.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM FRIDAY 3RD DECEMBER.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORMS
Katrina Venticinque, Liebe Group Executive Officer 0400 941 412 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 17 Johnston Street Dalwallinu WA 6609