ABOUT THE LIEBE GROUP
The Liebe Group is a dynamic, grower-driven, not for profit organisation that operates within the Dalwallinu, Coorow, Perenjori and Wongan-Ballidu Shires in the West Australian Wheatbelt. The group has built a solid reputation over the last 24 years as being on the forefront of locally relevant research, development and extension as well as having a high status of reliability and professionalism. The group conducts valuable R,D&E through trials, demonstrations and workshops, and provides information to local farming businesses in the region. More information can be found on the Liebe Group website.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person for this exciting new position to lead and coordinate Liebe Group’s R&D project portfolio in the region.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, assisted by the wider team and guided by active grower members, you will be involved in diverse range of activities including:
- Understand and prioritise local grower agronomic, environmental and business management issues.
- Extensive and ongoing engagement with our diverse growers.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and collaborative project concepts that align with local R&D priorities and foster innovation and learning.
- Assist in the execution of the Liebe Group’s annual R&D Trials and Demonstration Program including in-paddock sampling, monitoring, evaluation and analysis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with growers, researchers and industry stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate a comprehensive extension and communications program (events/publications) that focuses on local R, D&E priorities.
- Manage various projects in accordance with specifications and funding requirements.
- Formal qualifications in agriculture or related disciplines, or experience equivalent.
- Current C Class Driver’s license.
- The ability to live and work in Australia.
- Ability to relocate to the region.
- Demonstrated experience working in the agriculture industry with knowledge of Australian broadacre farming systems, products, technologies and rural communities.
- Experience in the interpretation and evaluation of research data and scientific reports.
- Knowledge and experience in research trial management, such as in-paddock monitoring and reporting.
- High level of group facilitation/management skills and strong communication aptitude with farmers and industry partners.
- Highly developed time and project management skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience planning and executing ag-focused events (field walks, workshops etc).
- Ability to work independently, be self- motivated, show initiative and work productively as part of a team.
THIS ROLE WILL PROVIDE THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WITH
- Offered as a 3 year contract full time position, with the possibility of extension.
- An extensive network within the agricultural industry.
- A variety of independent work with an enthusiastic group of innovative growers.
- The opportunity to work in a well-equipped research facility.
- Mentoring and professional development opportunities.This is an exciting new role where you can put your mark on agricultural research in the region!
SALARY: Salary package to be negotiated
LOCATION: The Liebe Group Office is located in Dalwallinu, 260km north of Perth. There will be a requirement to be based within this area. Dalwallinu is a progressive community in the Northern Wheatbelt that offers a welcoming atmosphere with the best of rural living and amenities. More information can be found on the Dalwallinu Shire website.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM FRIDAY 3RD DECEMBER.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & APPLICATION PACKAGE
Katrina Venticinque, Liebe Group Executive Officer 0400 941 412 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 17 Johnston Street Dalwallinu WA 6609