Mechanic – Agriculture Sector
- Private ag services company with excellent reputation
- Focus on operational quality and efficiency
- Workshop based in York WA
Living Farm is a market-leading agricultural research and consulting business, seeking a competent and reliable mechanic to service and maintain our expanding field equipment and vehicle fleet.
This is a residential position in York, WA and the successful candidate will be a self-motivated, ‘hands on’ individual working within a proactive and progressive team environment. Small scale farm equipment is used to seed, spray and harvest small plot trials throughout Western Australia and equipment includes: harvesters, seeders, tractors, trucks, Toyota utes, boom sprayers, pumps and spreaders.
You will need to have experience and qualifications as a mechanic, with fabrication skills also highly regarded. The role is responsible for:
- The operations of the workshop,
- Ordering of parts
- Detecting and diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults
- Scheduling and completing maintenance, service and repairs.
- Repairing and replacing defective parts and mechanical components
- You may also be required to go into the field to attend to break-downs and assist with seasonal work.
- Responding to and repairing vehicle and machine breakdowns
You will need:
- A mechanic or related qualifications or relevant industry experience.
- Current WA drivers licence is essential with heavy vehicle licence desirable.
- A forklift licence – or willingness to obtain one, is also required.
- Experience in the farming or agriculture sector will be advantageous.
- Flexible working arrangements can be discussed, based on qualifications and experience.
If you would like to join us please submit your resume via the ‘Apply’ button.
All discussions and emails will be treated as highly confidential to protect your privacy. No recruitment agencies please.
- Address 2 Maxwell St, York, Western Australia 6302, Australia
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dress Code Work Wear
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.