We are a family owned 14,000 acre mixed crop and sheep farm in Kukerin WA (3½ hours south east of Perth), currently seeking an experienced Farm Hand to join our small team, ahead of our 2020 Harvest Season.
As our Farm Hand, you will assist us with crop production/harvesting, feeding/raising of livestock and general farming activities, including, but not limited to:
- Harvesting Activities – the operation of headers, tractors, trailers and trucks for the purpose of harvesting and transporting grain, filling/loading of trucks, field bins and silos and assisting with vehicle movement/piloting activities.
- Operation & Maintenance of Heavy Machines/Equipment and Vehicles – including performing pre-starts and servicing
- Livestock Activities – herding, feeding and checking of livestock, assisting with needling, pregnancy testing, lamb marking, crutching and shearing activities
- General Farm Activities – general maintenance of fences, plant/equipment and vehicles, clearing of laneways and firebreaks, rock picking and any other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in the operation of agricultural machinery (i.e. headers, tractors, trailers, loaders, forklifts and implements) and the use of GPS Systems
- Experience of machinery maintenance, including pre-starts and servicing
- A valid manual drivers licence (Heavy Vehicle licence is preferred)
- Be legally eligible to work in Australia (via residency, citizenship or appropriate visa)
- Have the ability to undertake physical and manual work
- The ability to handle animals with confidence, care and patience
- The willingness and flexibility to work long hours (including, early morning, evenings, weekends and public holidays), in all weather conditions.
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Address Dumbleyung-Lake Grace Road, Kukerin
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dress Code Work Wear
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.