Little Bee’s Family Day Care has been successfully operating since July 2015 with many families utilising the service from Mt Marshall & surrounds.
The Shire of Mt Marshall is seeking an educator to run the ‘in-venue’ Family Day Care service commencing in January 2021 at the Bencubbin Centre (36 hours a week). The service operates from Bencubbin every Monday to Thursday however any proposed alterations to this schedule can be discussed with interested candidates.
You will operate under the support of the Greater Beginnings Family Day Care Scheme and the Shire of Mt Marshall.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold or enrolled and actively working towards your Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care Services or equivalent
- Current National police check or willing to obtain
- Working with Children check clearance or willing to obtain
- Current First Aid certificate and Asthma & Anaphylactic training or willing to obtain
- Accredited Food Safe certificates or willing to obtain
- Demonstrable commitment to the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of children
Hours of work will be from 8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday.
Subsidised housing available to successful candidate.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute a safe and stimulating learning programme taking into account social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of the individual children
- Ensure children are supervised at all times and positive, respectful and equitable relationships are developed and maintained
- Be sensitive to cultural diversity of children and families when planning and executing the service
- Monitor children and keep appropriate records, in accordance with the Greater Beginnings Scheme and at parent/caregiver request
- Ensure positive and respectful relationships with families are developed and maintained
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute emergency evacuation drills on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with parents and caregivers regarding any concerns, issues, interests and overall development of their children
- Perform work in a safe and healthy manner, not endangering yourself or other persons
- Complete daily indoor and outdoor perimeter safety checks of buildings, anywhere the children have access to
- Take bookings for the service
- Record and report bookings fortnightly for invoicing
- Answer telephone and other correspondence directed to the service
- Attend and participate in Greater Beginnings Development sessions
- Ensure that appropriate safety and emergency plans and procedures are up to date
- Update service policies as and when required
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Address 71 Monger Street
- Min Qualification Level Level 3 - Certificate III
- Dress Code Casual
- Working Hours Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm (36 hours)
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.