The Shire of Wickepin is seeking an efficient, organised and community focused individual to join our team for the position of Community Development Officer.
Assist with the development and promotion of social, cultural, recreation and economic activities within the shire.
Key Responsibilities and duties
- Promote the towns in the Shire of Wickepin as a healthy, strong and connected community, that is actively engaged and involved.
- Encourage the community to participate in a variety of recreational and educational activities.
- Promote arts and cultural events and activities.
- Assisting in the development of tourism and heritage attractions within the shire as a way of assisting the economic development of the shire.
- Sourcing grant funds to assist with the development of buildings and amenities to enhance the local community.
- Attending council and committee meetings as required.
- Preparation of public relations information for newsletters, website and social media on community and council activities.
- Maintain accurate records of clerical involvement, correspondence and other record material applicable to the position.
- Provide monthly reports of activities to the council of the shire.
- Write regular press releases and advertising releases for the various media outlets to enhance the image of the shire as a leading authority in the field of community service and for public information of the role.
- Respond and prepare correspondence as relating to the position promptly and efficiently.
Attractive conditions of employment are offered including 9.5% superannuation, uniform and other benefits.
- Job Application File 1_CDO-Position-Description-March-2021.pdf
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Address Wogolin Rd, Wickepin WA
- Experience Level Senior
- Working Hours 80 hours per fortnight
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.