Community focused persons are sought for new Committee of Management general board members at the Wheatbelt Community Legal Centre.
The Wheatbelt Community Legal Centre is a not-for-profit, government funded legal centre that offers legal advice, representation and advocacy for the disadvantaged members of the Wheatbelt who are facing family law, civil law and criminal law issues. Our annual budget is $600,000 per year.
The Centre is looking forward to expanding our accessibility, complexity in casework and creating a more sustainable Centre.
The Committee of management meet bi-monthly (6 times per year). The positions are voluntary.
Overview of the board responsibilities
- Legal and financial accountability
- Strategic vision and objectives
- compliance with constitutional requirements
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis
- Help communicate and promote WCLC mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with WCLC’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of WCLC
- Participate in development, review and approval of the organisation’s Strategic Plan, Policies and other consequential arrangements (Business Plan, Marketing Plan, etc.)
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
Meetings are held around 5-5:30pm. Meetings are usually face to face but members can link in via phone or zoom.
For more information, please email Robyn Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 9622 5200
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Address 327 Fitzgerald Street Northam
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.