THIS IS FOR TWO POSITIONS BASED IN PERTH AND GERALDTON, WA.
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named “One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World” by Fast Company Magazine.
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will work with farmers and Community Builders in the network to help them procure critical crop inputs, such as crop protection products, seed and biostimulants. Account Executives help recruit, train and manage territory Community Builders. This role supports a predetermined territory and market area and will recruit farmers to join the network in person and through electronic means. Account Executives will also help farmers access FBN Direct – a revolutionary way for growers to purchase crop inputs that provides farmers with price transparency on hundreds of products and a way to source low-cost chemicals delivered straight to the farm. FBN Direct has saved thousands of dollars for hundreds of farmers through its offerings.
Finally, the FBN Account Executive is critical to the commercialisation process for new products and services being launched on a regular basis.
The FBN Account Executive will be responsible for recruiting farmers and maintaining high grower satisfaction with FBN. They will also provide a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Achieve chemical sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.)
- Recruit, train and develop Community Builder’s to adequately cover the assigned territory
- Understand a grower’s crop input needs throughout the season and forecast based on the seed and chemical projected sales/product needs
- Develop a territory business plan to achieve objectives
- Work with each Community Builder to build a Revenue & Action Plan that defines the goals and sets expectations for the working relationship
- Lead product demonstrations and presentations to Community Builders and farmers
- Promote the collection of (chemical/seed invoices and tags) data from farmer to build a successful crop protection and seed plan customised to the farmer’s needs
- Use Salesforce to manage, prioritise, and document all interactions and sales processes with Community Builders and farmers
- Organise and manage sales events within the territory
- Document and report suggestions from Community Builders and farmers for process improvement
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events
- Educate Community Builders and Farmers how to construct orders through FBN’s online platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face
- At least 2 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling products or services directly to farmers or through a dealer network
- Ability to adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures
- Knowledge of agriculture inputs (e.g. crop protection, seed, animal health and livestock feed) products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision Ag Systems; experience with Salesforce is nice to have but not required
- Background in Agronomy and/or territory management, including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data
- Bachelors or advanced degree
- At least 5 years sales experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers
- Successful completion of safety training and DOT Hazmat certification course
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business
- The successful applicant will be:
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction
- Address Perth and Geraldton
Jobseekers, browse jobs available in the Wheatbelt. Click on a job below to display the full details and facilities to allow you to apply for the job. All job applications will be sent directly to the employer.
Please include as much details and information about yourself to give you the best opportunity for gaining an interview. You will have the capability to upload both your resume and a covering letter.